How you can help
The Forest City Education Foundation is able to fund scholarships and programs thanks to the generous support of donors. There are several ways you can help:
- Support the general fund - The general fund is used to fund the academic and foundation scholarships and also supports the Foundation's operating expenses.
- Fund a scholarship - A minimum of $500 per year will fund a scholarship. You can name this scholarship in honor or memory of a loved one. The scholarship will be awarded each year in May. The donor will be invited to present the award.
- Fund a class scholarship - Your class can leave a legacy! Simply collect the funding from your class. ($500 minimum).
- Fund an endowed scholarship - An endowed scholarship is a major gift used to fund scholarships. The capital from the endowed scholarship gift is preserved so that the gift can last indefinitely. We ask that the minimum to endow a scholarship is $20,000, to be paid within 5 years. This scholarship can be names in honor or memory of a loved one.
Types of gifts
- Gifts of cash - monthly, annual or one-time gifts via cash, check or credit card
- Gifts of securities - transfer appreciated securities (stocks/bonds) to the Foundation
- Gift of grain
- Gifts in kind - a gift of tangible personal property
- Gifts for the future - create your legacy by naming the Forest City Education Foundation in your will or by providing a charitable contribution through a life income gift. Speak to your financial advisor about planned giving. We have advisors that can offer assistance as well.
- Gifts of time - serve on the all-volunteer board and feel the impact you can have on a student's life.